Granite is a tough, igneous rock that may be reduce into completely different shapes and makes an ideal materials for making counter tops. It’s not solely stunning, but in addition sturdy and proof against warmth. Granite counter tops are an opulent addition to any kitchen or toilet. They’re out there in a variety of lovely and distinctive designs to select from.
Prior to now, it was suggested to rent knowledgeable for the set up of a granite countertop. Now, many corporations provide DIY granite counter tops kits you can set up your self. Listed below are a number of steps to put in a granite countertop by yourself:
– As soon as your cupboards are put in and securely anchored to the ground and partitions, use craft paper to take precise measure in your countertop. It is very important embody one to at least one a half inch overhang for the sides which might be dealing with the cupboards. Granite counter tops can be found in a variety of kinds and colours. It is best to select one on the premise of the general design and elegance of the kitchen and coloration of the cupboards and flooring. Purchase a countertop both from an area retail retailer or it’s also possible to order one on-line.
– Reduce plywood to suit on the highest of the cupboards to assist the load of the granite. It is very important make it possible for the plywood is sq. and degree. Then, use pilot holes to screw the plywood in place to stop it from cracking.
– Granite is a heavy stone and will break if not dealt with correctly. You will get help in lifting the counter to set it on the highest of the cupboard. Make it possible for the countertop suits nicely within the cupboard.
– After that, take away the granite and create a pilot gap within the mark sink cutout utilizing a drill. Use a jigsaw to create a gap for the sink. Set up the sink correctly and make it possible for it suits correctly.
– Within the subsequent step, degree the seams for the slabs. It can be crucial that the seams are completely leveled earlier than gluing. Use screws beneath the plywood to make changes to the peak of the granite.
– Apply silicone across the edges of the plywood each 6 to 12 inches. Seal the granite by laying a bead of caulk across the outer fringe of the sink and the highest of the sink. Repair the granite slab into place to make it possible for the seams are tightly matched.
– Use blue masking tape to tape over the seam. Fill the seams utilizing a dollop of polyester based mostly resin and add small quantity of coloration. After that, pull off the masking tape in order that the combination would not dry on the tape. As soon as the colour dry, easy the countertop with a seam stone till it turns into easy.
To scrub the granite countertop, use solely gentle cleansing merchandise and keep away from exposing it to excessive temperatures.